Arrive prepared with our handy checklists
Five easy check-in steps:
- Pack your ID – you’ll need some photo ID to collect your keys
- Make sure you know your check in date – this is listed on the front page of your tenancy documents under “start date”. You can arrive on this day or any day after this.
- Get yourself to your new home! If you’ve come by car make sure you know where you’re going to park. If you’re arriving by train or plane it might be an idea to book your taxi transfer in advance. You can get a competitive quote from our partner Cablink.
- Meet the team – they’ll be ready and waiting to check you in and give you the keys to your new room. You’ll receive a welcome pack when you arrive to help you get to grips with some of the basics (living with Unite Students, useful numbers and so on) and you can ask the team any questions – they’ll be on hand all day.
- Get stuck in! In your welcome pack you’ll find a door hanger – pop it on your door to let your new housemates know you’ve moved in!
What to bring
Thinking about what to bring with you? We’ve seen lots of students move in to our properties over the years, so here are some of the essential must-bring items:
Decorations to make your room your home
Clothes and coat hangers
Electrical items and extension leads
Toilet paper, teabags and other essentials
Bicycle, helmet, repair kit
First aid items
Books and stationery
Make yourself at home
If your suitcase is packed full and your bags are ready to burst, we can help you move in comfortably with some of our great extras packages.