Our pledge to you
We understand this is an uncertain time. That’s why we’re doing everything possible to keep you safe and give you the support you need, when you need it.
Based on our recent survey, we know that being on campus and getting the most out of university is important to you. Here’s what you told us:
- 81% of students we surveyed told us they were happy with their choice not to defer coming to university
- 93% told us they intend to carry on with their studies in January despite the challenges of Covid-19
- 82% said they were happy with their decision to move away from home to stay in student accommodation this year
Knowing this, we’re making sure it’s safe for your university experience to continue as planned. On this page, we’ll explain how.
Your questions, answered:
Watch the video below
See how we’ll keep you safe and secure when you live with us.
- We’re working closely with universities, local councils and public health bodies to keep you safe
- All common areas and high-touch points are cleaned regularly and thoroughly
- Social distancing safeguards are in place in all of our buildings
- Our welfare teams are available to provide dedicated support to anyone that’s self-isolating, including helping with food and medicine deliveries
We'll be there when you need us
We'll continue to lead the way
We’re the first UK student accommodation provider to be issued a British Safety Council assurance statement. This means our policies, procedures and protocols relating to the control of coronavirus have been assessed by the British Safety Council and meet the current UK government guidelines on best practice. We’re monitoring and reviewing these on a continual basis.
We'll help keep you safe
We'll use technology to aid social distancing
We know that social distancing is important. That’s why we’re using technology to help you avoid unnecessary contact with others. Here’s how:
- Use the MyUnite app to tell us that you’re self-isolating
- Book a maintenance request through the app, rather than visiting reception
- Avoid queues for laundry by checking when machines are available in the MyUnite app
We'll continue to be flexible
Flexibility is vital in times like these. We were the first student accommodation provider to let students leave their contracts early in response to Covid-19. Now, we’re offering you a similar level of support.
Parents told us that dedicated student accommodation is the safest place for students to live outside of the family home when studying at university
We’re the only student accommodation provider to be awarded five stars by the British Safety Council
We'll use our experience
Thanks to 29 years of experience and expertise, we help thousands of young people thrive at university every year. Now it’s our time to help you.
- We were the UK’s first dedicated student accommodation company
- We provide 74,000 students with a safe and secure home
- We have 177 properties across 27 towns and cities
As the only student accommodation provider to hold the highest 5* rating from the British Safety Council, we are aware of our responsibilities to do the right thing.
In response to the pandemic we have reviewed our ways of operating across our entire business, investigating and implementing new ways of operating.
Richard Smith, CEO, Unite Students