- Terms for bookingH
- Payment Processing Agreement
- Cancellation policy
- International cancellation policy
- Web and app termsH
- Fees and charges
- Arrival packs
- Post and parcels
- Scotland EPC ratings
- Rent discount and extension
Terms & Conditions: Unite Student’s 50% Rent Discount for the 4 week period – 18 January 2021 to 14 February 2021 (the “Discount”) and 4 week extension (the “Extension”)
1. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in these terms & conditions (T&Cs) shall have the same meaning as in your Tenancy Agreement with Unite Students.
2. In order to be eligible to participate in the Discount and Extension, the applicant for the Discount and Extension (“you” and “your” as appropriate) must comply with the following criteria (the Eligibility Criteria):
- a. You have a valid, current and continuing Tenancy Agreement for the Academic Year 2020/2021 with a Unite Students entity with a Tenancy Start Date prior to 15 February 2021; and
- b. You are not in residence in your Room between 18 January 2021 and 14 February 2021 (the Eligible Window); and
- c. You have completed and submitted the web form application for the Discount by 23:59pm on 14 February 2021; and
- d. You have no outstanding payments on your account as at 31 January 2021 (i.e., all your Rent Instalments per your Payment Schedule, up to and including any falling due on or before 31 January 2021, have been paid in full); and
- e. You must be the person who is the tenant of your Room as identified by your unique customer number and booking number in the web form application and the recipient of the webform application form from Unite Students.
- f. In order to be eligible to participate in the Extension, your current tenancy must end by 31 July 2021.
3. Once you complete and submit the web form application in accordance with these T&Cs, Unite Students will then assess whether you meet the Eligibility Criteria. We will inform you whether you have been successful in meeting the Eligibility Criteria by the end of February 2021.
If you meet the Eligibility Criteria (and any other requirements under the T&Cs), you will be entitled to an ex-gratia goodwill credit equivalent to 2 weeks’ of the weekly rental amount payable under your Tenancy Agreement (the Goodwill Amount) (based on the Discount you are applying for being 50% of the weekly price per your Tenancy Agreement, over the 4 week period 18 January 2021 to 14 February 2021).
4. The Goodwill Amount will be credited to your account and a subsequent Rent Instalment will be reduced by the Goodwill Amount. This deduction may be applied to any subsequent instalments if more than one remains payable.
5. If you have no further instalments due (for example if you paid all your Rent in advance), we will contact you to arrange payment of the Goodwill Amount to you, which will be processed when you check out.
6. Unite Students reserves the right to switch off Wi-Fi services to the Room of any Successful Applicant for the duration of the Eligible Window.
7. Unite Students cannot guarantee that a 4-week extension will be in the same room/property. If your current room is not available for an extension, we may offer an alternative room to you if one is available. In this circumstance, you may need to share with new flatmates.