Your Wi-Fi is provided by Glide
Unless your internet service is provided by your university we offer up to 70Mbps Wi-Fi to all our students. If you haven’t already connected, just follow these steps:
1. Scan for available Wi-Fi networks and select Glide-5 (or ‘Glide_2.4’ if you cannot see this).
2. Open a browser window such as Google Chrome or Firefox. You should be re-directed to Glide Student welcome screen.
a.If you already have a Glide Student account, enter your details and click CONTINUE. You can browse from here.
b. Otherwise select GET STARTED.
3. When registering a new account, select your preferred package. The 70Mbps option is included in your room price, but you can also purchase the upgrade option.
a. Click REGISTER for the free option, or add the package to the basket then PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
b. The checkout will ask you to confirm if you are a new or existing user. Either click CONTINUE by entering your Glide Student username and password, or CREATE ACCOUNT.
4. Set up your new account by filling in the form. When you’re done, the system will log you in and you’re free to browse!
Need faster Wi-Fi? You can look to upgrade your Wi-Fi speed, upgrade options will be available on registration.
Things to check…
Clear your browsing history, cookies and cache
- Three Lines Menu > Settings > History > Clear browsing data... Select everything other than passwords and form data
Chrome Mobile (iOS & Android)
- Three Dots Menu > Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing History/Data
- Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
Forget the Wi-Fi network
- Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the network name > ‘Forget This Network’
- Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the network name > ‘Forget’
- Windows Icon > Settings Network & Internet > Manage Wi-Fi Settings ‘Manage known networks’ > Select ‘Forget’ next to the Glide-5 (or ‘Glide_2.4’ if you cannot see this) network
- Apple Icon > System Preferences Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced Select Glide-5 (or ‘Glide_2.4’ if you cannot see this) from the list, then click the minus (–) icon
Turn off the firewall
- Right-click the Windows icon > Control Panel
- System and Security > Windows Firewall
- On the left, ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off’ – turn it off for all locations
- Click the Apple Icon > System Preferences
- Click Security > Firewall
- Switch the Firewall to ‘off’
Once you are connected to Glide remember to turn your firewall back on by following the same steps as above but switching the firewall to ON.