1. Short stays or ‘short term lets’ may be available in some Unite Students properties in a limited number of cities for students enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course in the UK.
2. Short stays are available for a minimum period of two weeks. The length of stay available may vary by city and by property.
3. The short stay price may also vary by city and by property. It will cover rent for the duration of the stay (as agreed), internet access and all electricity, heating and water bills. Basic contents insurance is also included in the price.
4. VAT may apply on the short stay price depending on the length of the booking agreed.
5. Payment can be made in full or can be paid in monthly instalments dependent upon length of booking. Customers will be required to pay a deposit upon booking. The deposit amount may vary dependent on the length of the short stay booked. Deductions may be made from the deposit if any damages are caused by the customer or if their account is in arrears.
6. Customers will be provided with a contract (Licence for Occupation) once their booking has been accepted by Unite Students. This will contain our full Terms and Conditions, details of the licence period, payment schedule and cancellation policy.
7. To book a short stay or to find out more, customers should speak to the Unite Students team at any Unite Students property or call the National Contact Centre on 0300 303 8634.
View more information on our cancellation policy here.