What happens when things go wrong?

We hope you never have cause to complain but sometimes we can get things wrong. We really value your feedback when we do as this helps us put things right, make improvements and stop it happening again. Keep reading for information on how to make a complaint.

How to make a complaint

If you’re already living with us, the best and quickest way to resolve your issue is to speak to a member of the Unite Students team at reception as we are likely to be able to resolve your issue there and then. Alternatively you can contact our National Contact Centre.

If you are not yet living with us, or you are a member of the general public, you can also contact us with details of your complaint and we will endeavour to help you.

We really want to help resolve your problem quickly so when contacting us by email please provide us with the following information:

  • Your name
  • Unite Students ID (if you have one)
  • Contact details such as telephone number, email address and home address so that we can get back to you
  • Details of your issue or problem
  • Details of actions you have already taken, or anyone you have already spoken to

What happens next?

We will investigate your issue thoroughly, and try to resolve it as quickly as possible. Depending on the complaint, we may have to speak to more people or teams about it, and we may have more questions for you. We’ll always aim to respond to you within 14 days.

National code of standards

Every one of our properties is signed up to the National Code of Standards for Larger Developments. It's a voluntary code and we signed up to it because we are committed to raising the standard, service and quality of student housing. We are so committed to smartening up student housing we were actually one of the founding members of the Code, back in 2004.

The Code enjoys the support of lots of organisations including the National Union of Students (NUS), Universities UK and The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK).