What should I do if there’s a fire?
If there’s a fire in your flat, we know this can be scary. No matter how small or big, it’s important to act quickly. Don’t panic and follow these instructions:
- Get out immediately if you hear the alarm
- Leave your flat and close all doors behind you
- Use the stairs, never use the lift
- Call 999 – never assume someone else has
- Stay away from your flat until you’re told it’s safe to return
There’s also key fire safety information in your flat usually on the back of your door, it’s a good idea to make yourself familiar with this when you arrive.
Your fire test day and time, as well as your assembly point, are in your welcome guide. Select your city and choose your property to find specific information for where you live.