Our pledge to you
We understand this is an uncertain time. We also know that for us to truly understand what you’re thinking and feeling, we have to listen. So that’s exactly what we did.
We recently polled students from the UK and here’s what you told us:
- 89% of you are keen to get on campus when it’s safe to do so
- 79% of you said that you’re worried about the disruption to the social side of university
- 91% of you were concerned about the impact on your studies
- 94% of you have been asked to learn remotely, but just 14% of you prefer this to being on campus
We know you want to have the full university experience without putting your health and safety at risk, and we’re determined to make it possible. This is our pledge to you.
We'll continue to be flexible
Flexibility is vital in times like these. We were the first student accommodation provider to let students leave their contracts early in response to coronavirus. Now, we’re offering you the same level of support.
Your questions, answered:
Watch the video below
See how we’ll keep you safe and secure when you live with us.
We'll be prepared
- We know being on campus and enjoying all aspects of student life is important to you. So, we’re making sure it's safe for you to do exactly that.
- All common areas and high-touch points will be cleaned regularly and thoroughly
- We’ll provide hand sanitiser stations in all of our properties
- Social distancing safeguards will be in place in all of our buildings
- Student rooms will go through a six-stage cleaning and inspection process
We'll continue to lead the way
We’re the first UK student accommodation provider to be issued a British Safety Council assurance statement. This means our policies, procedures and protocols relating to the control of coronavirus have been assessed by the British Safety Council and meet the current UK government guidelines on best practice. We’re monitoring and reviewing these on a continual basis.
We'll help keep you safe
We'll use technology to aid social distancing
We know that social distancing is important. That’s why we’re using technology to help you avoid unnecessary contact with others. Here’s how:
- Use the MyUnite app to check into your accommodation at the start of term
- Book a maintenance request through the app, rather than visiting reception
- Avoid queues for laundry by checking when machines are available in the MyUnite app
We'll be there when you need us
Parents told us that dedicated student accommodation is the safest place for students to live outside of the family home when studying at university
We’re the only student accommodation provider to be awarded five stars by the British Safety Council
We’ll help you stay connected
Being part of a community can bring happiness and comfort, which is why we’re making sure you have the tools you need to stay connected.
- All our rooms have high speed broadband, perfect for online lectures and video calls
- Get to know your future flatmates through the MyUnite app
- Feel part of a family with spacious shared kitchens and living areas
We'll use our experience
Thanks to 29 years of experience and expertise, we help thousands of young people thrive at university every year. Now it’s our time to help you.
- We were the UK’s first dedicated student accommodation company
- We provide 74,000 students with a safe and secure home
- We have 177 properties across 27 towns and cities
As the only student accommodation provider to hold the highest 5* rating from the British Safety Council, we are aware of our responsibilities to do the right thing.
In response to the pandemic we have reviewed our ways of operating across our entire business, investigating and implementing new ways of operating.
Richard Smith, CEO, Unite Students