I’ve moved into my room, what do I need to do now?

Aside from exploring the local area, meeting your flatmates and enrolling at your university, you should also consider the following;

  • Register with a GP – you can often do this on your university campus
  • Open a UK bank account – your university’s international office should be able to help you with this
  • Get a TV Licence – if you’ve got a TV in your flat or plan to watch TV online on your laptop you’ll need to get a TV licence. Find out more about TV licences and how to buy one here.
  • Fill in the Council Tax Exemption Form – As a full-time student you don’t need to pay council tax but you will need to provide us with your Council Tax Exemption Form.

Was this helpful? Yes / No