An update from Unite Students on Covid-19
We appreciate this is a challenging time for students and thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Following the announcement of the latest lockdown, we have been looking at what this means for students, universities and our operations.
Today, we’re announcing a 50% rental discount for eligible students for a four week period from 18 January to 14 February 2021.
In addition, eligible students can also participate in a four-week extension to the end of their tenancy at no extra charge. This is so you can finish any studies, carry on with part-time work, or enjoy summer in your university city.
Please read the below information carefully to understand if you are eligible and to find out what happens next.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
You will be eligible for this rent discount if:
- You have a tenancy agreement with Unite Students that falls within the 2020/2021 academic year.
- You pay your rent directly to Unite Students.
- You are not currently living in your Unite Students property.
- You do not move back to your Unite Students property between 18 January 2021 and 14 February 2021.
- You do not have any outstanding rent payments on your account as at 31 January 2021, in accordance with your payment schedule.
- You do not cancel or leave your contract during the rent discount period. Our standard cancellation terms still apply.
- Your tenancy has started or will start by 15 February 2021.
You will be eligible for the four-week extension if:
- All of the above criteria is true
- Your current tenancy ends by 31 July 2021
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
What happens now?
For us to assess your eligibility and process your request, we’ll need you to fill out a web form. You will receive the link to this web form no later than 22 January 2021, so please check your inbox (including your junk) regularly. There is no need to contact us in the meantime.
Once you have completed your web form you will not need to contact us further. We will then contact you by the end of February 2021 to confirm if you are eligible. If you are, the rent discount will be applied to your Unite Students account by the end of March 2021.
Is there anything else I should know?
If you make your payments to your educational institution, you will need to contact them directly to see whether they are offering any reduction in rent for this period. Here is a list of contact details that you may find helpful. You will also be able to find your institution’s contact details on its official website.
Please note, our standard cancellation policy still applies.
Where can I find more information?
For information about Covid-19 in relation to your student accommodation, or for details on how we're supporting you, please read our Covid-19 FAQs. For questions and answers specifically about our rent discount, please click here.
If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, this article explains who you can speak to for wellbeing support. Your university also has a range of financial and support services to help you if needed.
Please remember that if you are currently living with us, and you come into contact with anyone who has tested positive with Covid-19 or develop symptoms at any time, you should self-isolate immediately and alert us via the MyUnite app. Further information can be found here.