How to raise a maintenance request to get something fixed
Blocked sink? Leaky loo? Broken chair? These things happen from time to time. Don’t worry, just let us know and we’ll fix it for you.
If you have a problem with your room, flat or furniture, we need you to raise a maintenance request so we can solve it quickly.
Here’s how you can do that.
Raising a maintenance request on your mobile
The MyUnite App lets you raise a maintenance request straight from your phone. You can do this for problems in your room, your flat, or to report an issue you’ve seen somewhere else in your building.
To raise a maintenance request in the app:
- Choose Maintenance from the app’s main menu
- Tap the New maintenance request button at the top of the screen
- Tell us the general location of the fault
- Then tell us the exact location of the problem
- Follow the steps to tell us what’s broken and how
- Help us fix the problem quickly by giving further detail in the description box
- Hit Submit to send us your request.
What happens when I submit my maintenance request?
Your request is sent to the maintenance team in your property, who then arrange an inspection and schedule the repair work.
You’ll get a MyUnite app notification letting you know when the work will be completed, and you can track the status of your request at any time in the app.
Will I be charged for the damage?
In most cases, you’ll only be charged if you’ve damaged an item by misusing it. We won’t charge you to fix or replace items that are faulty or damaged from normal wear and tear.