How you can get prepared in case you need to self-isolate due to Covid-19
As we all get used to living in a world with Covid-19, it’s important that we not only do everything we can to reduce the spread of the virus, but also to stay prepared in case we need to self-isolate ourselves.
What you can be doing to stay prepared
For a start, please continue to follow the government guidance on social distancing and using face coverings. Beyond this, you should also think about how you can prepare in case you need to self-isolate.
Remember, current government guidance requires you to self isolate for a minimum of 14 days if you or someone you live with has symptoms, and 10 days if you test positive. However, please always make sure you follow the latest guidance on the NHS website.
To stay prepared for any potential period of self-isolation, we’d encourage you to do the following:
- Set up an account with a supermarket (such as Tesco, Asda, Morrisons or Sainsbury’s) so you can do online shopping if you need to. You can also use shoppingslot.co.uk to search for available delivery slots from a range of different supermarkets.
- Stock up on some long-life food items (e.g rice, pasta, tinned items) so you can continue to eat well even if you can’t immediately get a supermarket delivery.
- If you require certain medication, make sure you have enough of it in case you have to self-isolate.
- Please think about keeping on top of your laundry so you have enough clean clothes to wear should you need to self-isolate.
- Check that your contact details are up-to-date in My Account so we can contact you if we need to.
- Regularly check your emails - if we need to tell you to self-isolate, we’ll let you know by email.
What should I do if I think I have symptoms?
If you think you have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), please self-isolate immediately and follow the advice on the NHS website.
Please do not visit your reception team, but let us know by using the ‘Register as self-isolating’ feature in the MyUnite app.
What if I’m already self-isolating?
If you’re already self-isolating, your city team will be in touch to let you know how they’ll help you. However, they can only help if they know you’re self-isolating.
If you haven’t already done so, please download the MyUnite app and register as self-isolating. We can then provide you with the support you need.
Where can I find more information?
If you have a question about how Covid-19 is affecting you while you live with us, please take a look at our Help pages. Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Please get in touch with your reception team.