- Terms for bookingH
- Payment Processing Agreement
- Cancellation policy
- International cancellation policy
- Web and app termsH
- Fees and charges
- Arrival packs
- Post and parcels
- Scotland EPC ratings
- Rent discount and extension
Once a booking is processed, the student has 7 days to accept the offer. It means for the student and the guarantor to accept the contract and pay the £250 advance rent payment. (For bookings in England only. No Advance Rent Payment is required for bookings in Scotland).
Once these steps are done, the booking is completed.
If one of the step is not completed within these 7 days, the offer will expire.
If the student still wants a room, we can re-process a booking, but we cannot guarantee that the same room or the same price will be available.
Once the booking is completed, the student has another 7 days to change their mind and cancel their booking without any reasons. This is called the cooling-off period.
Conditions for cancellation
Past these 7 days, the student remains liable for the rent for the whole length of the tenancy unless they want to cancel with one of these 3 conditions:
- No Place No Pay: if the student fails their exams or is rejected by the UK University, the student needs to send us the university rejection letter, or proof that the exam results don’t meet the requirements of the university, and we will cancel the booking and refund the money to the student. The student must send us the proof documents within 7 days of receiving them. This policy is valid until the 15th September.
- 31 May Cancellation Promotion: if the student books a room with Unite Students for the 2021/22 academic year by 31 May 2021, the student can cancel their booking before that date without penalty. Terms and conditions apply.
- No Visa No Pay: if the student doesn’t get their visa to come and study in the UK, the student must send us the visa application rejection letter within 7 days of receiving it and we will cancel the booking and refund the money to the student. This policy is valid until the 15th September.
- No ATAS certificate, No Pay: Some international students coming to the UK to study in very specific fields need to apply for an ATAS certificate. (Academic Technology Approval Scheme). If a student’s ATAS certificate application is rejected we will cancel the booking and refund the money to the student. The student must send us the ATAS certificate application rejection letter within 7 days of receiving it and we will cancel the booking and refund the money to the student. This policy is valid until the 15th September.
The cancellation requests along with the proof documents must be sent by the student, from the email address they have registered their account with Unite.
The email must be sent either from the student to the agent, and then the agent contacts our teams. Or the student can directly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Replacement tenant found: if the student finds a replacement tenant to take over his room with the same tenancy length and same weekly rate, we can process the booking for the new student, and once the offer has been accepted by the new student and his guarantor, and that they have paid the £250 (if applicable), we will release the original student from their contract.
Passed the 15th September, the No Place No Pay and No Visa No Pay do not apply.
The student remains liable for the rent unless they find a replacement.