Living with uS: How to get something fixed
We know it’s frustrating when things break but, from time to time, they will. It’s just part of sharing a home with other people. What’s important is that you can tell us when it happens.
In this guide, you’ll find out how to raise a maintenance request to get something fixed.
What you can raise a maintenance request for
You can raise a maintenance request for pretty much anything on the inside or outside of your Unite Students home, whether it’s part of the building itself or a removable object. Blocked toilets, broken vacuum cleaners, missing irons, graffitied walls.
If you see something wrong, whether it’s inside or outside your room or flat, let us know and we’ll fix it.
How to raise a maintenance request in the MyUnite app
The easiest way to tell us something’s broken is to use the MyUnite app.
Here’s how to do it in seven steps:
- Tap Maintenance from the app main menu
- Choose In your flat or In your building to tell us the general location
- Select the appropriate option to give us a more specific location
- Pick a category to tell us roughly what’s affected by the problem
- Refine further by choosing the specific item that needs fixing
- Choose the exact fault from the list of problems for that item
- Write a detailed description to help our engineer, then tap submit
Or, if you’d rather do it the old-fashioned way, pop down to reception and let the team know about the problem. They’ll arrange for an engineer to visit ASAP.