Student accommodation in Bath
Safe and secure
All bills included
- Type of roomH
- Length of stayH
- all filtersH
Getting you settled
Safe and secure
There when you need us
University accommodation in Bath
The historic city of Bath in southwest England is a delight. Its Roman heritage and Georgian architecture earned it UNESCO World Heritage Site status. And the vibrant social scene gives lots of opportunities to let off steam. TIME magazine ranked Bath as one of the World’s Greatest Places in 2021.
Whether you’re going to be studying at the University of Bath, Bath Spa University, City of Bath College or Norland College Limited, you’ll need accommodation. Our Bath student accommodation is the perfect way to find somewhere convenient, safe and sociable.
At Charlton Court and Waterside Court, our student halls are close to many of Bath’s best bars, restaurants, high street stores and independent shops. University accommodation in Bath is also near the universities and colleges, so you can commute easily for studying and lectures.
Browse Bath university accommodation with Unite Students today.
How to book Bath student accommodation
Pick your university accommodation in Bath with us. We have en-suite, non-en-suite, studio and accessible rooms. Whichever works best for you.
You can view our student accommodation before booking. To check out Charlton Court or Waterside Court, simply email or phone us to request a viewing. You can also view from home with our 360° virtual tour online.
Here’s how to book:
- Choose your property and then select the room type you require.
- Choose your tenancy length – stay the whole year, the academic year, for a semester or a shorter stay. It’s up to you.
- Enter your personal details, including your name, date of birth, country of residence, contact details, university and the course you’ll be studying.
- Enter your guarantor details - they need to be over 25 and could be liable for rent if you fail to keep up with payments.
- Payment details – you can choose Direct Debit so you won’t have to worry about missing a payment, or enter your credit/debit card details.
- Choose your instalment plan – you have the option to pay in one, three or seven instalments.
To book student accommodation in Bath, you need:
- To be at least 16 years old.
- To be a student in education.
Please note, rooms are single occupancy rooms only – so there’s no sharing.
- 7 Day Cooling-Off-Period – should you change your mind and/or need to withdraw from a rental agreement, you can cancel up to seven days after receiving booking confirmation.
- No Place, No Pay – if you don’t get your place because you didn’t meet the entry requirements, or you exceed your expected grades and choose to go to a different university, you may be eligible to withdraw.
Types of room
Browse our selection of en-suite rooms.
Our ensuite rooms are shared flats, with a shared kitchen, plus your own bathroom for extra privacy.
Our Bath uni accommodation rooms come in three grades: basic, classic and premium.
- Basic – our best value student accommodation, with access to all the facilities.
- Classic – get more space and storage with our Classic rooms.
- Premium - better views, more space and larger beds when you opt for Premium.
Features vary by property – browse our Bath properties for further details on room grades.
Ways to pay
There are different payment options to secure a booking for student accommodation in Bath.
You can pay by:
- Direct debit
- Card payment
- UnionPay (for International students)
There’s the option to pay in one, three or seven instalments, should you wish to pay in smaller chunks.
All bills are included in Unite Students properties, so there’s no unexpected additional costs to make you out of pocket.
While a deposit isn’t needed, advance rent may be required, depending on the property (advance rent is a piece of the full-year amount – not a deposit).
All renters will need a guarantor. A guarantor is someone over 25-years-old, such as a parent, or carer, who can guarantee prompt payments if you can’t.
Pay by card
When should I book student accommodation in Bath?
Students can book student accommodation in Bath from the first week in November for the next academic year, beginning the following September. Bath is one of the most popular cities for students, so the sooner you get your application in, the better. Then you can relax and look forward to starting your course.
Book early to lock in prices for the next academic year and avoid unexpected price rises.
Booking student accommodation through clearing
While university places in Bath are very much in demand, there may still be rooms available if you’re applying for a place through clearing. If there aren’t any rooms available at the time, you have the option to join the waiting list.
If you’re a first-year student and don’t get the university place you wanted, you can cancel your accommodation for free.
How much is student accommodation in Bath?
Student accommodation in Bath is in high demand, which means you can expect to pay a premium. Basic rooms start in the region of £160 per week, but en-suites and studios in prime locations might cost over £200 per week.
How secure is the student accommodation in Bath?
Unite Students takes your security seriously, and that’s why our university accommodation in Bath has secure access. Entry can only be made via our fob or card system. Any problems, there’s assistance, 24/7, plus maintenance support from the onsite service team. CCTV monitors activity and you also have contents insurance.
What is the best student area in Bath?
Oldfield Park is the most popular student area in Bath. It’s near the city centre and both the University of Bath and Bath Spa University are 20-minute bus rides away. It’s lively, full of restaurants, cafes and bars, and the nightlife of Bristol Road is on your doorstep. Charlton Court is in Oldfield Park if this area ticks all your boxes.
Can I view accommodation before booking in Bath?
Yes, you can view accommodation before booking. To check out student accommodation in Bath, simply book a viewing online, or email or phone us to request a viewing. Want to take a look from home? Take a 360° virtual tour online.
Do you have to stay in halls at university in Bath?
No, you won’t have to stay in halls at university in Bath. Most universities offer their own halls of residence, but there are also independent Bath student flats available to rent, as well as student housing. Unite Students offers independent student halls, private studio accommodation in Bath, and the option to rent an entire flat with friends. The choice is yours.