Living with uS: How to get help when reception is closed

06 Sep 2019,
By Unite Students, Staff writer at The Common Room

Most of our reception desks are open from 8am to 8pm, but your home is your home 24-hours a day. So we’re always available if you need us late at night or early in the morning.

In this guide, you’ll find out how to get help outside of your home’s reception opening times.

Your safety team is available all through the night

Your reception’s opening times should be on display but if you’re not sure, just ask the team. And when your reception team is finished for the day, your safety team takes over.

Part of their job is doing patrols of your home and other Unite Students homes in the city, responding to any incidents and checking that everything’s okay. They work closely with our 24-hour contact centre in Bristol to help you whenever you need them.

How to get help when reception is closed

Here are three ways you can ask for help from your safety team:

1) Use the call-point at your main entrance
If you’re locked out of the building when reception is closed, use the call-point at the main entrance. Press the button and you’ll speak to an advisor at our 24-hour contact centre. They’ll ask you to confirm your identity, and send a member of your safety team to let you in.

2) Call our 24-hour Emergency Contact Centre
You can call our 24-hour contact centre directly on 0300 303 1611. This is the number to call outside of reception hours if you’re in the building but locked out of your room, you’ve got an urgent maintenance problem, or if somebody’s making an unreasonable amount of noise.

3) Use the MyUnite app
The MyUnite app has been designed to make it easy for you to ask for help at any time of the day. With just a few taps of the screen, you can tell us about a maintenance problem, tell us you’re locked out, and raise a noise complaint. Download free from your app store.

Enjoyed this article? Give it a like
By Unite Students
Staff writer at The Common Room